Affordable Housing Partners, Inc. (AHP) founded in Indiana in 1996, is a non-profit organization formed with the mission to develop safe, good quality, affordable, well-maintained rental housing communities throughout the country. With nearly 500 apartment homes developed and more development underway, AHP, Inc. has not only continued to fulfill its core purpose, but has also deepened its commitment to community impact. AHP has provided support to the Ozone House, allowing them to meet emergency housing needs and provide supportive services to homeless youth and their families in Ypsilanti, Michigan. It has also provided support for the Actors Theater of Indiana, a small, community-based arts organization.
Starting in 2019, AHP has helped launch two new ambitious efforts to address systemic community challenges. The first was the creation of the Inclusivity Institute to use innovation, research and collaboration to reduce intense racial and economic segregation in American housing markets.
The second was a program developed in 2020, in partnership with a restaurant in Carmel, Ind., divvy, to address food insecurity in low-income communities amid the Covid-19 pandemic called Feeding Neighbors. Through this program, nutritious meals are prepared for families in Hamilton and Marion counties in Indiana impacted by the pandemic’s economic consequences. The program delivers weekly orders for 100 recipients at three rotating locations, all of them either churches or community centers serving Hoosiers in need. Each of these meals are delivered by local church food pantries to families who have signed up for assistance. To find out more about this program or make a contribution, please contact Kevin ‘Woody’ Rider at email@example.com.
Through each of these efforts, AHP demonstrates a devotion to fulfilling its core mission and a commitment to confronting broader systemic challenges and inequities.
Board of Directors
- Bruce Cordingley, Chair & President of the Board and President and CEO of Pedcor Companies
- Tim Marshall, Board Member and President and CEO of Arbor Bancorp, Inc., and Bank of Ann Arbor
- J. Brian Chaffin, Board Member and President & CEO for CIBM Bank
- Dave Maraman, Board Member and now retired regulator for the federal Office of the Comptroller of the Currency and Regional President for BMO Harris Bank
- Michael Sutton, Board Member and now retired President and Chief Executive Officer of American Community Bancorp, Inc. and Bank of Evansville
- Doug Boggs, Treasurer, Executive Vice President & CFO, Pedcor Companies
- Maureen Hougland,