Vanessa's academic background focused on family development, and she has an extensive background in working/volunteering with non-profit organizations. Before coming to the Inclusivity Institute, she worked on providing person centered mental health services to children and families in low-income areas which lead to her interest in helping others combat the trauma of housing instability.
As a Residential Mobility Manager, she works to prevent housing instability related to evictions. She also coordinates CRA-related programming to meet the needs of residents of St. Croix. Working under the leadership of the Director of Residential Mobility, her duties include:
- Supporting US FamAP intakes
- Building out the LVP model (vetting recommended candidates, coordinating proposals, outreach to tenants)
- Continuing project building for other areas of residential stability/mobility with current and future partners
- Forming partnerships in St. Croix, building out assistance options, and deploying programs for the territory
- Coordinating social media platforms and coordinate with staff to plan and schedule content for regular website updates, and diverse social media posts